Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Skipping Toward Muchness

Today is day 30 of my Muchness Challenge, and it did not start out very muchnessy. Last night I realized that I was letting stress over trivial matters take over. I wasn't breathing, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I have worked hard since Alaska died to get my breathing back, and yesterday stress swiped all of that progress from me.

This morning I decided to fight back with my muchness songs "Brave" and "Happy." I was trying to convince myself to be both. Before school started I tried skipping laps around my classroom--an old but effective trick. Try to skip down the street or a hallway without a smile on your face. People might think that you've lost it, but I can't think of a good reason to care about that. Skipping erases the negativity from your face and heart. Skipping is the exercise version of Tova's sparkle theory. When I have challenged Asher to skip without smiling, he has failed every time. It's hilarious to watch him try; for the record, pursed lips trying to hold in a grin do not count as not smiling. Elliott, my serious one, even acknowledges the positive power of skipping.

I move forward from this challenge knowing that finding my muchness is a journey that will be easy some days and impossible on other days. I have tools to create muchness moments on the difficult days. If you could use a little help finding your muchness, try the 30 Days of Muchness Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment