Sunday, February 2, 2014

Elliott Wonders

"I just wonder how much easier life would have been if we never even knew about this." ~Elliott, big brother to Asher and Alaska
After Elliott said this last week, I explained to him that I would do all of this every day over and over to have Alaska be part of our lives. No matter how much easier life could be, I wouldn't trade the time we had with Alaska for anything less than having life turn out the way I think it should. We are blessed to have Alaska in our lives even though we have to wait to meet her. A few hours later he read chapter one of Heaven Is for Real to Asher. I hope they continue to wonder and find ways to make sense of life as big brother to an angel.

Today before Elliott went out to ask people for Jump Rope for Heart donations, he told me that he was thinking maybe Alaska had a heart problem, so he wanted to raise more money. I guess it's a way for him to do something that might help another baby; it's a way for him to do something that makes sense. I wish my sons didn't know this pain, but I am thankful that they love Alaska Eileen and honor her memory. She continues to teach us many lessons about life and love. We are forever blessed to have our angel girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment