Friday, February 7, 2014

Necklace

When I got home this afternoon, Brandon handed me a box that had come in the mail. My angel wings memorial necklace was here already (I just discovered that the picture of her necklace is featured on Kennebug Boutique's website). Alaska's name looks beautiful surrounded by her December birthstone and the angel wings charm. I find myself wishing the necklace was a ring or bracelet so I could look at it more easily. Memorials are all we have left of our baby girl, and seeing her name makes me happy. I am fortunate to be surrounded by friends and family who honor Alaska Eileen. No one has told me--or in any way implied--that I should "get over it" or "move on." Being allowed and encouraged to live my life as Alaska's mom is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment