Thursday, January 30, 2014

Alaska's Eyes

Last night my mom commented through Facebook on my "Reminders" blog post about looking in the mirror. She said, "And you promised Alaska so keep waking up everyday loving your family. Look in the mirror and make your promise to Alaska again and again and someday you will see her eyes smiling back at you. Someday some of the hurt will lessen and the joy that is Alaska will shine out from your eyes, because you promised. I love you."

Today when I caught my reflection, I saw that stranger staring back and wondered if those are Alaska's eyes. I looked into them for longer than I wanted to because they might be Alaska's eyes. Or she might have her daddy's eyes. Either way, I'll keep looking. Because I promised and because my mom told me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment