Monday, January 20, 2014

Superstar: Another Brick Wall

Asher is the superstar of his class this week. He sat next to me on the couch and read the questionnaire while I wrote his answers, "I have ______ brothers and ______ sisters." I hadn't seen this one coming until we had most of the top half completed. My heart raced, and I swallowed back tears as he talked about his favorite game, tv show, and food.

Why this week?

Why couldn't this have happened before we lost our baby?

Or even in another week when (I hope) we at least know whether we had a girl or boy?

He told me to write that he has one brother and maybe a sister or a brother, and with that, we moved on to the rest of the questions. I am thankful that he wanted to include our baby and that his sadness over our loss hasn't held him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment