Monday, March 31, 2014

Three Months: Wild Sky

My body aches from holding it together (trying at least) all day. I didn't realize how tense I was until the end of the day when I could finally release my breath.

On this day that marks three months since Alaska was born, I wore my shiny rainbow-starred shoes because I knew today would be difficult and that I would need extra help finding my muchness. I tried to go back to my Muchness theme--sky and song. The sky today was wild. It changed in the matter of a few hours from a beautiful, warm spring day to hail to a tornado warning to a blizzard warning. I was going to say that I didn't find muchness in the sky today, but I think that I did. I felt connected. I get it. It's exactly how grief is some days. I'm ok until I'm not. One thing I keep reminding myself about spring storms is that the sun will come out soon.

A note at the top of the blessings jar

No comments:

Post a Comment